Friday, October 15, 2010

Are You a Sugar Addict?

Hey there...found a great article from www.about.com regarding Sugar Addiction and a new book out there, "Beat Sugar Addiction Now", by Jacob Teitelbaum, MB...good reading!

Are You a Sugar Addict? New Book Helps Readers Identify and Conquer Unhealthy Addiction to Sugar

Monday October 11, 2010
Are you a sugar addict? And if you are overdoing it on the sweet stuff, do you know what type of sugar addict you might be? For example:
Are you hooked on Red Bull or venti coffee drinks, to the point where you need caffeine just to make it through your daily fatigue? You could be a Type 1 Sugar Addict.

Do you go around thinking, "feed me now or I'll kill you!?" You could be an adrenally-fatigued Type 2 Sugar Addict.

What about chronic nasal congestion, sinusitis, spastic colon, or irritable bowel syndrome -- along with a craving for sweet treats? You could be a candida/yeast overgrowing Type 3 Sugar Addict.

And how about those menstrual periods, menopause - or, for you guys -- andropause? Do hormonal ups and downs have you reaching for the cake and candy bars? You may be a Type 4 Sugar Addict.

If any of this is sounding familiar, you'll want to read my review of the book, Beat Sugar Addiction Now, by Jacob Teitelbaum, MD. He maps out a strategy to help you identify your type of sugar addiction, along with practical steps to conquer your addiction for better health.

Kathryn(1)
I own a very, very tiny thyroid and am on Combithyrex.
For my 60th birthday, I decided to stop eating meat, which I’ve always meant to do, though I’m still eating some fish.
Imagine my surprise when my sweet cravings completely stopped. I am someone who used to get up in the night to eat 5 bowls of Frosties and I was piling on the weight. Also a (big) bar of chocolate after dinner as “dessert”.
I lost 3 pounds this month, too.
It can’t just be that I’m filling myself up with vegetables, can it? But WOW!!!
October 15, 2010 at 4:04 am

Mary(2)
Hi Kathryn and all,
I am fascinated to hear how you banished your sugar cravings.
Recently I was wondering if there might be something in the theory that as we all have different metabolisms we will naturally do better or worse depending on the balance of the food we eat, ie there are three main metabolic types Protein, Carbohydrate and Protein/Carb mixed.
I have very recently taken the free nutritional typing test on Dr Mercola’s website and was very surprised to find that I am a Protein Type and should be basing my diet around meat protein. I read all the info on the site and downloaded the free recipe book. As a result, I have completely revised my diet.
Similar to yourself my sugar cravings vanished overnight, I have not eaten a piece of chocolate, cookie or any other sugar laden item for 10 days now, nor do I want to. My new eating regime is not low calorie by any means but I have lost 5lbs in 10 days so far. I am also feeling loads better than I have in ages.
I am thoroughly enjoying my food and that lovely feeling of being satisfied after my meals and not left craving for something else, or something sweet as was the case. Previously I just never felt full or satisfied with what I had eaten.
Kathryn, I imagine that what you have done is to happen upon your own metabolic type diet by accident. I am delighted to hear of your success.

Should you wish to get further details of Dr Mercola’s Free Nutritional Typing Test just go to http://www.mercola.com and type Nutritional Typing Test in the search box. Currently it is the first item in the list. This item has a link to the test and the free recipe book. There is nothing to buy.

I hope this information is of value to you and many others struggling with diet and weight problems.

All the very best for the future.
Mary F.
October 15, 2010 at 6:23 am

No comments:

Post a Comment